Monday, September 23, 2013

A Prime Example of Social Anxiety

     I have an absurd habit of blurting out personal things. To people I do not know well enough. In places that don't need to hear it or care to hear it. I am not sure why I do this, but I hate it. So. Much. Maybe I want to shock people. Or scare them off. That's ironic, isn't it? To tell someone a particular detail too early, in a public setting, in order to avoid to getting close enough for it to be acceptable, or desired even. Is that something that other people do? Building a wall of secrets that too many people know so that no one is really privy to them? I regret saying a couple of these things. But I cannot change it. I will regret it, accept it and move on. There is really nothing else I can do. Except not do it again I can take this regret and use it to make myself better. Regretting something you've done in the past is a sign of growth. I think I can live with that

I got that line about growth from this video a while back, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek2BeWssQuI

No comments:

Post a Comment