Sunday, September 22, 2013

Essays

I complain a lot about homework. Most people in school probably do. But for me, at least most of the time, it is about the quantity of work and not the work itself. I actually enjoy most school work, and that sounds really dorky but it is true. I take pleasure in writing essays, especially rhetorical ones I like putting my thoughts down and rearranging them. Edit out the fillers, slide all the ideas into place and string them together with wit and and beautiful language. Essays are great because they give me time to think about what I want to say and how I want to be heard by others, essays are easier to stick with. Sometimes I wish I could pause a conversation to figure out exactly what I need to say, and to say it eloquently with good vocabulary, to rehearse it and repeat it, let my complete and edited thought flow from my brain to my tongue without flaw or blunder or contradiction from my self. But I cannot do that, besides if I conversed the same way that I  write I  would probably come off as pretentious. And considering how many times I use the word "I" when writing in first person, I would probably sound a bit conceited too. But I I I I I I still like writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment